Here is a list of rules and regulations of Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vihar, including information about school timings, the school diary, attendance and leaves.
Children should be sent in neat and proper uniform. On all Thursdays, children must wear a white uniform. A complete description of the school uniform can be found here.
The school timing is from 8:45 am to 3:45 pm.
- Every student must have his/her own diary, and bring it to school daily.
- In case a student loses a diary, he/she should buy a new diary from the school office, by paying Rs. 50.
Absents And Leave
- No student shall absent himself/herself from the school without a leave application from the parent/guardian.
- For long absents, prior permission is needed. Any student who remains absent for 15 consecutive days without leave will have his/her name struck off from the rolls without intimation.
- Every student must produce a medical certificate in case he/she is absent for a Test, Assignment or Terminal Examination.
- Students are strictly forbidden from leaving the school premises during school hours without permission.
- Parents can contact the Principal / Vice Principal between 9am to 10am and 3pm to 4pm all working days.
- Parents can meet the teachers after 3:30pm daily.
- Parents can meet teachers on the Parents’ Open Day, which is held on the third Saturday of every month, between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon.
- Parents are as responsible for the progress of their children as the teachers are. They are, hence, requested to enforce regularity and discipline in their wards’ conduct, help them prepare for their lessons and classwork, and help them do their homework regularly.
- Parents are required to check the school diary of their ward and sign it every day.
- Parents must ensure that student do not bring cell-phones, cameras or any other gadgets to school.
- Progress reports are issued at the end of each series of Tests and Terminal Examinations.
- Parents must make a careful study of their child’s report when sent to them, and preserve it.
- Attendance is marked every day in the morning and afternoon session, immediately after the second bell, and before teaching starts.
- Please note that any student who is not present when attendance is being taken loses attendance for the session. Thus, students who come late habitually may be detained for want of attendance.
- Students must maintain 85% attendance in Primary School and 90% attendance in High School, in order to qualify for promotion to higher class.